THE CONTENT OF THE UNITS
The basic outline content is summarised below. We have also provided an approximate delivery time for each course . Most of the modules contain exercises of various kinds. The running time
may be significantly affected by the amount of attention required by the participants in their absorption of these exercises.
Introduction into Radio Production &
- Award into Radio Production Level 1 30HRS: Intensive
Week 1 & 2
- Introduction to
- How a radio station works
- The vox pop - including collecting interviews on the street
- Digital editing & planning a show
- Introduction to digital editing using Adobe
- The studio and presenting techniques
Week 3 & 4
- Identity & production
- Record and edit jingles
- Further studio and presenting techniques
- Further Production 1
- Planning the show using a running order
- Studio interview techniques
Week 5 & 6: Studio practice
- Run through of upcoming broadcasts
- Create a community package
- Creating a radio package
- Producing a radio report / drama – planning and
- Start planning and producing individual broadcasts
Week 7 & 8
- Further Production 2
- Producing a radio report / drama – interviews and voice over’s
- Further Production 3
- Producing a radio report / drama – structure and editing
- Promoting your show
Week 9 & 10
- Final show production
- Complete all outstanding production tasks
- Multiple choice quiz
- Complete radio package
- Live on line broadcasts
- Introduction into Radio Production
Same as above but more in depth
Duration (All Modules): 30 Hours
- Pursue meaningful employment within the radio industry.
- Understand what Station Managers and Program Directors expect of a potential employee and what they can expect from them.
- Understand how you can start out in a variety of roles.
- Understand the difference and importance between live announcing and prerecorded voiceovers and how to do both.
- Give you the skills in Commercials for radio.
- Give you the skills required to format and present quality programs for radio.
- Teach you the role of audience research in building a quality program.
- Understanding the importance of programming, and how programming decisions alter station direction.
- Be proficient in using the broadcast equipment and software including NexGen.
- Each student is assessed as they go with hands on assistance and advice.
- Theraputic Radio and Music
Duration : 24 Hours over 8 Weeks
Radio News Story Production
Gain the skills required to write radio news scripts
Edit audio and voice pre-recorded news stories to a broadcast-quality
how to compile radio news stories, and produce podcasts.
Other optional units
Learn how to use a digital recorder
Presenting a music show / talk show
- Picking the music,
- filling the gaps,
- and learning how to develop your voice.
- Course aims to provide students with the
- A noticeable improvement in self-confidence
- Improved communication skills
- Ability to confidently produce a piece of
- The ability to work both individually and as a team
And much more...... Learn how to use your digital
Presenting a music